Buy Books Online


Now I have always been a Barnes and Noble girl. The store gives off this warm feeling that only book lovers would understand. So when a friends birthday was coming up I went to Barnes and Noble to get her a gift. I bought a paperback edition of Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and a Robert Frost Poetry book. Shiver was $9.99.


Now being a girl obsessed with books, I had to have my own copy. So that night i went on to Barnes and Nobles website to order the book online. Shiver was $8.99. A entire dollar cheaper. A dollar might not mean a lot to some people but to me, a dollar is one step closer to buying another book that i wanted. So, this brought up a question in my mind, "Why was the online book cheaper than the one in the store?"


My first thought was that the store had to be cheaper because I wasted my gas to drive to the store to get these must needed books. But as I thought about it, the online books came directly from the factory where they hold all these wonderful books.


The lesson I learned from all this is that buy your books online and if you can buy $25 of books so that you get free shipping at Barnes and Noble.

0 comments: