Our Featured Author is J.R.R Tolkien.


Tolkien’s first book was The Hobbit written in 1973. It is about a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins and the journey that sweeps him away from his comfortable hobbit-hole. Gandalf, a wizard, and a company of dwarves travel along with him. They are in search of treasure that is guarded by a dragon named Smaug. However, Bilbo and his new friends must travel through hazardous dark forests and steep mountains to get there. They must face spiders, wolves, goblins, and eventually the fire-breathing dragon. The Hobbit shows a glimpse of the world that many fantasy lovers know and adore.

Here are some quotes by Tolkien:

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

“The wide world is all about you; you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.”

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”

“It’s a job that’s never started that takes the longest to finish.”

2 comments:

Ky said...

Aaahhhh I love The Hobbit! Though I still need to force myself to read LOTR god just thinking about it gives me a head ache. Uggghhh.

Jessica Cianci said...

OMG KYYY!!! Lord of the Rings is my favorite all time favorite books. To me, i can't put his books down. I think i have come to the conclusion that there are people who could read it straight through and others that get bored with it. XD